Feast on the wonderful text A Medieval Feast and use this cross curricular reading unit to build your students' comprehension, vocabulary, sequence skills, and understanding of the medieval era! The story, Aliki's A Medieval Feast, can easily be integrated into Reading/Language Arts lessons, Writing, and Math with this cross- curricular unit. The unit contains lesson plans for 5 days with 90 minutes of lesson plans for each day (which could certainly be extended for more time).
The unit contains:
* 5 days of detailed lesson plans for A Medieval Feast (each lasting 90 minutes), with Common Core standards listed on each page.
* A complete week of vocabulary work: definitions, 3 worksheets that can be used for homework, a vocabulary center definition sheet, and a vocabulary quiz
* 4 Math worksheets on 2 and 3 digit addition and subtraction with and without regrouping. Also includes word problems.
* Writing using the five senses to describe a feast; includes brainstorming sheet, lesson plans, and samples to share with students.
* A story assessment that incorporates writing short answer responses using text details and citing text for support.
* Fact and opinion center activities including task cards and a fact/opinion worksheet.
If you like this product, please follow my store and check out my other reading units!
You may be interested in:
Charlotte's Web Common Core Reading Unit
Boy Were We Wrong About Dinosaurs Common Core Reading Unit
Lead Us to Freedom, Harriet Tubman Common Core Reading/Social Studies Unit