Interactive Notebook, Foldables, Character Analysis, Characterization, Novel Study, Reading
Looking for a new way for your students to review significant elements in a play? There are 13 different types of foldables included in this file, which will be used to reflect a variety of important elements within Shakespeare's popular play, A Midsummer Night's Dream
. Three writing frames
have also been included for students who need to organize their thoughts first before putting their ideas onto the foldable. If you are looking for an activity that is a little more complex, you might like to try this Character Analysis Essay
This reading strategy is not meant to replace the play study; rather, to encourage a new way of thinking, while completing the assigned tasks (perhaps for additional credit, homework activities, or for those early finishers!)
• This foldable examines character, theme, and setting. The characters of Hermia, Helena, Lysander, and Demetrius, in particular, will be looked at closely.
• This foldable examines vocabulary and language. Students will evaluate words, phrases, and terms that are significant to the play.
• This foldable examines a character in depth. Students select their character of choice and take a deeper look into their physical, mental and emotional elements, such as Bottom, Puck, Oberon, Titania, etc.
• This foldable examines one self, text, world, and peer connections. It evaluates individual comprehension and promotes a new way of thinking.
• This foldable examines as many self, text, world, and peer connections (as suggested by the individual teacher).
*Editable rubric included!
Whether you are a veteran, or new to the interactive foldable concept, it’s a great way to engage your students and the foldables can easily be added to an existing play study!
© The Classroom Sparrow