Note: This product is meant to be used after students read the book.
Students solve this puzzle by providing synonyms or antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM.
Examples of clues:
* …Or on Diana’s altar to protest For aye AUSTERITY and single life. (ant.) ANSWER: comfort
* …Wherein it doth impair the seeing sense, It pays the hearing double RECOMPENSE. (syn.) ANSWER: payment
* Why should you think that I should woo in scorn? Scorn and DERISION never come in tears… (syn.) ANSWER: ridicule
* TARRY, rash wanton: am not I thy lord? (ant.) ANSWER: stay
A fun way to learn vocabulary!
NOTE: This puzzle contains the 25 Words to Know from MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM edition of Bookmarks Plus.
A Midsummer Night's Dream ed. of Bookmarks Plus—Fun Freebie & Handy Reading Aid!
Also, these same 25 words are part of my MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM 50-Word Prereading Vocabulary Puzzle.
Use all three to reinforce meaning!
Here are my unique products over A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM—many are perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
* Bookmarks Plus: A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM—A Very Handy Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM: 50-word Prereading Crossword—Familiarizes students with the play ahead of time! Use with the A Midsummer Night’s Dream edition of Bookmarks Plus and the A Midsummer Night’s Dream Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
* A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Challenging! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
* A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM: 10 Quotefalls—A Great Spelling Workout!
Each quotefall is a quotation from the play. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
* A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM: Character Word Search with Hidden Message! 21 names of characters with the hidden message “My heart is true as steel.”
Word-Wise Educational Products
—more than 800 unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!