Everything you need to complete your lessons to go along with the story A NEW COAT FOR ANNA by Harriet Ziefert. This is a great read aloud for WINTER and has so much rich vocabulary! This BUNDLE includes my book companion with literacy activities to supplement the story as well as my COMPREHENSION packet!
Here's a detailed look at what is included:
These materials were inspired by the book A New Coat for Anna By Harriet Ziefert.
- Making Predictions
- Beginning Middle and End
- Cause and Effect
- Story Map and Events
- Illustrate your favorite part
- Describe Anna
- ABC Order Printable
- Punctuation Printable
- Comprehension Printable
- Sequencing Cut and Glue Printable
- Fill in the blank story comprehension (2)
- Answer keys for comprehension pages
- The Main Idea and Details
- Sequence the events in the story
- Draw how Anna felt when she got her new coat
- Mini Flip Book
- Emergent Reader
- Vocabulary Cards and Definition Cards for new words in the story
- Story Summary Sentences cut and paste
This is a perfect set of materials to target or check for understanding of comprehension skills in literacy! Engaging readers is key in the elementary classroom, and this comprehension packet will have your emergent and early readers building comprehension skills while having fun! This set of materials was made to extend your reading activities with the book A New Coat for Anna by Harriet Ziefert. It's a perfect read aloud for WINTER! This set if perfect to throw in the SUB TUB for small group activities! The answer key makes it easy for your sub as well!
- How did Anna's mother get her a new coat when she didn't have any money?
- Where did Anna and her mother go to get the wool?
- When did the farmer shear the sheep?
- What does shearing mean?
- What does a tailor do?
- What did Anna and her mother use to turn the yarn red?
Use these activities for...
- small group literacy extensions
- independent learning stations and literacy centers
- SLP reading activities: lots of WH questions in this set!
- guided reading
- SUB tub materials
Set One/Comprehension Game and Printables:
- 30 comprehension question cards in color
- Game Board in color *two options
- Spinner in color
- Answer Key in color and black and white **(makes is perfect for a substitute who may or may not be familiar with the story)
- 30 Comprehension question cards in black and white
- Game Board in black and white *two options
- Spinner in black and white
- Follow-Up Activities:
- True or False? Read each sentence and mark it true or false
- Read and fill in the blank comprehension printable
Set Two/True or False Activities:
- Another set of 30 comprehension cards in a True or False format *color and bw
- Recording Sheet *if you want to use these for a SCOOT game! *color and bw
- Answer Key *great for subs or for students to self check! *color and bw
I have listed the grade levels at Kinder-grade 2!
If you are using this set of materials with kinders, you will most likely need to read the questions to them and let them answer. More advanced readers will be able to read and answer on their own!
There are so many possibilities with this packet....enjoy!
Please leave me feedback if you like this product! I have been creating these new comprehension materials and this one has extra activities!
Here are links to some of my Winter Themed Materials:
Snowflake Bentley Book Companion
Hibernation Station Book Companion
Penguin Pack Bundle
Making Hot Chocolate
The Snow Globe Family Book Companion
Snow Day FREEBIE
The Biggest Christmas Tree Ever and Snowman Ever Bundle
Sneezy the Snowman Book Companion
Jan Brett Lap Book Templates
Jan Brett Winter Book Companion Bundle
Bear Book Companion Bundle
Snowmen at Night, Christmas, Work and All Year Bundle
Snowmen All Year Book Companion
The Four Seasons Bundle
Snowmen at Work Book Companion
Penguin Center Activities
Bear Snores On Book Companion
A New Coat for Anna Book Companion
Penguin on Vacation Book Companion
Penguin and Pinecone Book Companion