Division by Grouping: A Comprehensive Set of 3rd/4th Grade Division Common Core Learning Games and Critical Thinking Activities
This 104-page PDF download includes:
• 24 different active learning games specifically designed to support the learning of all the Common Core Standards related to division for 3rd and 4th grade.
• Comprehensive mathematical thinking development
• Matrix with common core standards targeted by each game and activity
• Instructions, variations to scaffold and differentiate instruction
• All the Instructional cards for 2 and 3 digit numbers divided by one digit numbers.
• Instructions on learning activities, assessments, sponge activities, and learning centers based on the games, cards, and the standards
• Rules constructed on schema of known games
• Intelligently considerate of children’s learning preferences.
Created by the winner of the National Mathematics Leadership Award, this resource is a carefully designed collection of instructional games and much more. It is grounded on the best research for helping students learn about division, and it is aligned with the common core standards for both 3rd and 4th grade.
Concepts and Skills: conceptualize the meaning of division as sharing equally or fairly sharing out, making equal groups (with and without remainders), represent division situations, translate between various representations of division, identify and explain repeated subtraction patterns which are divisions, connections between multiplication and division, decomposing numbers, equations involving division, divide 2 digit numbers by 1 digit, divide 3 digits by two digits, find more than one possible answer in enhanced multiple choice questions, learn to answer open ended questions.