Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
15.14 MB | 82 pages
Political intrigue and drama fill this content-rich ebook of copy-ready resources covering the United States’ Constitutional Convention’s political infighting, the contempt between Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton, George Washington’s struggle to hold together a nation in perpetual crisis, and the birth of the world’s first political parties.
This ten-day comprehensive resource includes the following items:
1) a 3,600-word informational text;
2) an extensive BDA reading strategy and notes organizer;
3) a Federalist and Anti-federalist political survey;
4) a reinforcement activity connecting geography to 18th Century political persuasions;
5) a scaffolded persuasive-writing project examining Washington's efforts to discourage political parties;
6) a scaffolded writing project addressing the impact of political parties on U.S. history;
7) detailed rubrics for scoring the writing projects;
8) a comprehensive test study guide with teacher key;
9) two test versions composed of twenty multiple-choice items and short-answer items;
10) an accommodated test version for special needs students, and
11) complete answer keys for all three test versions.
Washington had his hands full. The late 18th century United States faced internal and external strife, from tax rebellions to the unlawful seizure of ships and goods on the open seas by Great Britain. A New and Uneasy U.S. covers the following concepts and events:
• Division Within The Constitutional Convention
• Federalist and Anti-federalist Factions
• Washington’s Concerns Regarding Factions
• Washington’s Cabinet
• State Debts vs. Federal Debts
• Jefferson, Madison and Hamilton’s “Secret Deal”
• The First National Bank
• Organizing The First Political Parties
• Jefferson’s Resignation as Secretary of State
• The Whiskey Rebellion
• The Jay Treaty
• Washington’s Final Warning
Detailed rubrics for the persuasive-writing activities, tests’ short answer items, and test answer keys make evaluating, scoring, and reporting student progress quick, accurate, and clear.
PDF and modifiable Word versions are contained within the zip archive download.