This puzzle will introduce students to 50 challenging words they will encounter as they read A PASSAGE TO INDIA. Students are required to provide synonyms for words such as "superannuated," "equivocal," and "munificence." Parts of speech are included in the clues to aid students in their use of a thesaurus or dictionary in locating definitions. Note: Using a thesaurus rather than a dictionary will make it easier for students to solve the puzzle.
Examples of clues:
* Abet (v.) ANSWER: aid
* Cavalcade (n.) ANSWER: procession
* Necromancy: Communicating with the ___ (n.) ANSWER: dead
* Pealed (v.) ANSWER: rang
* Malingering: The act of pretending to be ___. (n.) ANSWER: ill
Makes a great extra credit assignment before reading the book!
Note: 25 of these words are featured in two of my other products:
* Bookmarks Plus: A Passage to India edition (See list below.)
* A Passage to India: Synonym/Antonym Crossword (See list below.)
If provided with all three puzzles, students end up working with the 25 words three times!
Here are my unique products over A PASSAGE TO INDIA! The crosswords are perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
* Bookmarks Plus: A PASSAGE TO INDIA edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* A PASSAGE TO INDIA: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
* A PASSAGE TO INDIA: 50-word Prereading Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the A Passage to India edition of Bookmarks Plus and the A Passage to India Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!