Note: This product is meant to be used after students read the book.
Students solve this puzzle by providing synonyms or antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from A PASSAGE TO INDIA.
Examples of clues:
...she had much to say to him on this occasion about a family circumcision that had been celebrated with imperfect POMP. (___ display; ant.) ANSWER: modest
* He would proceed to the great Mau tank that stretched as far as the Guest House garden, where something else would happen, some final or subsidiary APOTHEOSIS... (syn.) ANSWER: climax
* Strength comes from the sun, infused in it daily; size from the PROSTRATE earth. (ant.) ANSWER: vertical
* Certainly some external force had IMPINGED, but the road had been used by too many objects for any one track to be legible... (syn.) ANSWER: imposed
A fun way to learn vocabulary!
NOTE: This puzzle contains the 25 Words to Know from A PASSAGE TO INDIA edition of Bookmarks Plus.
A Passage to India edition of Bookmarks Plus—Fun Freebie & Handy Reading Aid!
Also, these same 25 words are part of my A PASSAGE TO INDIA 50-Word Prereading Vocabulary Puzzle.
Use all three to reinforce meaning!
Here are my unique products over A PASSAGE TO INDIA! The crosswords are perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
* Bookmarks Plus: A PASSAGE TO INDIA edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* A PASSAGE TO INDIA: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
* A PASSAGE TO INDIA: 50-word Prereading Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the A Passage to India edition of Bookmarks Plus and the A Passage to India Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!