Max Learner Book Detective’s “American Heroes” series presents: “A Picture Book of George Washington,” by David A. Adler! Our text-dependent questions help students learn the Common Core Reading Standards for Informational text 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 8, and they will help you model close reading as you demonstrate returning to the text for answers. Close reading is fun for everyone with Max Learner--we’ve done all the work, so you don’t have to!
Extend your lesson with our study sheet, which also reinforces close reading by providing page numbers for reference. Students then use their gathered facts to help them write a paragraph about George Washington using our first-draft writing scaffold and attractive final copy for publication.
A George Washington coloring craft is included for a fun culminating activity!
Included in this product:
• Text-Dependent Question card – helps you model close reading and addresses Common Core Reading Standards for Informational text 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 and 8
• Study sheet - helps students gather facts from the text
• A first draft page for an informational or an opinion paragraph
• An attractive final copy page for students to publish their final paragraph
• Answer keys
• Stand-up George Washington coloring craft
Check out our additional “American Heroes” in our series! All of our Max Learner Book Detective products help teach the Common Core reading standards by capturing the attention and imagination of primary students with read-aloud stories teachers love! Kids are excited about “solving the mysteries hidden inside of books”! Our No-Prep text-dependent question cards help you guide your students to the heart of the text where the main idea lives. Close reading is fun with Max Learner Book Detective!