Our text-dependent questions for “A Picture Book of George Washington,” by David A. Adler are designed to help you teach the Common Core State Standards for Reading Informational text 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 8, and they will help you model close reading as you demonstrate returning to the text for answers. Get “the Max” out of your read aloud time with our Close Reading study sheet which also reinforces the page numbers in the text where answers can be found. Extend your lesson with our writing activity. Students use their gathered facts on the Close Reading worksheet to help them write a paragraph. Finally, a George Washington coloring craft is included for a fun culminating activity!
Included in this product:
• Text-Dependent Question card – helps you model close reading and addresses Common Core Reading Standards for Informational text 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 and 8
• Study sheet - helps students gather facts from the text
• A first draft page for an informational or an opinion paragraph
• An attractive final copy page for students to publish their final paragraph
• Answer keys
• Stand-up George Washington coloring craft
All of our Max Learner Book Detective products help teach the Common Core reading standards by capturing the attention and imagination of primary students with read-aloud stories teachers love! Kids are excited about “solving the mysteries hidden inside of books”! Our No-Prep text-dependent question cards help you guide your students to the heart of the text where the main idea lives. Close reading is fun with Max Learner Book Detective!