This is a set of letter Aa words and pictures that you can use in a variety of ways in your classroom. There are 87 words in both color and black and white. Be creative and have fun!
This is a single letter of the alphabet set. I do not have any other letter sets for purchase in this format at this time.
Print and cut out each Letter A Person so that each of your students have one. Choose which letter Aa sheet(s) to use, and call out one of the words. Have your students cover the word with their Letter A Person. Continue until you have practiced all of the words on the page(s). Another option is to tape the Letter A People on popsicle sticks in order to make puppets. As you say each Aa word, have students repeat the word and say the sound that Aa makes at the beginning of that word.
1. You can use it in your writing center and in your word work centerwhen learning/reviewing the letter Aa.
2. You could print 2 copies of any given sheet, cut out the cards, and have your students play memory.
3. You could cut them out and place them around your classroom for your students to read or write around the room (you could have them write in the boxes of the blank sheet 12 words that they find).
4. You could pull out several of the word cards and have your students place them in alphabetical order.
5. You could post it (or parts of it) on your word wall.
6. You could count, add, and subtract Letter Aa word cards
(ie. 3 words + 2 words = how many words all together?)….this way you can do math during your literacy block.
7. You could use the blank sheet to write in letter Aa words and play Black Out (Call out the words, students mark the words that have been called until their sheet is full or blacked out).
There is room for you to add more letter Aa words (especially students’ names that start with Aa).
Please be sure and download the Free Preview as the ENTIRE download can be seen there (minus the black lines). The download will be clearer than what you see in the Preview.
Kindergarten Common Core:
K.RFS.1a Follow words from left to right,top to bottom, and page by page
Become a follower and catch my Early Bird Specials...all of my new postings will be at 50% off for the first 24 hours.