Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
If you are looking for student engagement, you have come to the right site. This PowerPoint teaches the phonics skills for A Place to Play, 1st grade Reading Street. It also teaches the High-Frequency Words for this story.
This PowerPoint can be used for several days of the week. I do one phonics skill on one day and introduce 2 or 3 HFW. I use the other phonics skill on another day and introduce 2 or 3 more HFW. You can use it to review the phonics skills and HFW for another day. Just adapt it to the needs of your students. These PowerPoints are good to use with your TIER III students.
This packet also includes the PowerPoints that have every segment of each day's lesson.
Click below to view the printables that go with this story..
The students will:
1. Look at a picture and segment the word using selected tool.
2. Look at long i spelled y and long e spelled y pictures. Students will segment the words on selected tool.
3. Read sentences and write the words long i spelled y and long e spelled y.
4. Read sentences with long i spelled y and long e spelled y and act out the words.
5. Build words with these sounds (The letters are included in this packet)
6. Look at a clue and spell the HFW.
7. Fill in the missing letter in the HFW.
8. Read sentences using HFW. Students will find the HFW and write them.
9. HFW will appear on the screen for one second. Student will write the word.
Your students can use a variety of tools during this PowerPoint.
Tools students can use:
1. Sand trays or salt trays
2. Shaving cream in a tray
3. Blending boxes in a plastic folder (This sheet is included in the pack)
4. Personal white board
5. Students can write on their desks with dry erase markers
All clipart is enbedded into the slides.