Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
10.43 MB | 35 pages
Ready to roll up your sleeves and wax some poetry?
This is one of my favorite forms of poetry to do with my students. It’s useful in many subjects other than language arts because its patterned repetition calls attention to certain details in the subject. I have used it in math, social studies and science!
This project consists of five parts:
Reading the mini-biography of Georgia O’Keefe.
Observing close up photographs of the natural world to view it as Georgia did. This uses the see-think-wonder thinking routine.
Completing a quick write to brainstorm about what is observed in students’ chosen photograph.
Drafting and publishing a pantoum poem using the quick write materials to help.
Creating a giant poppy, inspired by Georgia O’Keefe.
This product includes the following:
1. 4 pages of teacher directions and tips.
2. 1 black and white biography with glossary for students (5 pages)
3. 1 color biography with glossary for students (5 pages)
4. 1 Black and white see-think-wonder page
5. 9 color close-up photos of nature subjects
6. Quick write page for students (1 color, 1 black and white)
7. A teacher example of the quick write
8. 1 Pantoum direction sheet for students (1 color, 1 black and white)
9. 1 teacher-authored Pantoum poem example (1 black and white, 1 color)
10. 1 drafting page for student use (black and white)
11. 1 publishing page for student use (color)
12. Two pages of templates for the flower art project (black and white)
13. Two pages of photographic examples