How do psychologists conduct quality research & experiments? In this two-three week long unit, students drive their own understanding of what it means to craft a sound experiment/study in psychology with support along the way. Includes many interactive activities, Bell Ringer surveys, scholarly articles, and a team project.
Throughout the unit, students will specifically learn:
1) Hypothesize what quality research and experimentation in psychology is and looks like.
2) Select an annoying, unique, fascinating, or prevalent behavior/thought to research and analyze.
3) Apply the Scientific Method to their study of the behavior/thought selected.
4) Discern and utilize the appropriate research methods for their experiment/study.
5) Consider ethical guidelines when crafting their research plan.
6) Learn about how popular psychological theories have been proven wrong before with new experimentation.
7) Present their research and experimentation/study plan to the class.
And much, much more!