Also included in
- This engaging A Raisin in the Sun unit takes students from pre-reading activities through the final exam. Lessons, activities, and materials align to Common Core and address symbolism, craft, characterization, theme development, historical context, allusion, and more.A Raisin in the Sun Unit Bundle:$12.99$19.57Save $6.58
These A Raisin in the Sun lesson plans explore symbolism, character motivation, elements of performance, theme development, historical context, and more. Includes twenty A Raisin in the Sun handouts and two slideshows.
- Pre-reading: 3 lessons
- Act I: 3 Lessons + discussion set
- Act II: 3 Lessons + discussion set
- Act III: 3 Lessons + discussion set
- After reading: 3 lessons
A RAISIN IN THE SUN LESSONS:
- Introduction and Anticipation Guide
- The American Dream
- I Have a Dream Deferred
- Drama Read-through: Act I, Scene 1
- A Raisin in the Sun Discussion & Analysis #1
- Setting the Stage with Words
- Talking the Talk (Dialogue and Dialect)
- When It’s NOT an Apple (Symbolism)
- Drama Read-through: Act II, Scene 1
- A Raisin in the Sun Discussion & Analysis #2
- 1950s Chicago, USA (Historical Context)
- Booker T. and W.E.B.
- “It’s Life, Mama!” (Characterization)
- Drama Read-through: Act III
- A Raisin in the Sun Discussion & Analysis #3
- A Symbol in the Sun
- Strong Words Monologue
- Structure and Tension
- Hansberry’s Themes
- To Be Young, Gifted and Black
- Symbol Poems
A RAISIN IN THE SUN LESSON PLANS FILES:
- Lesson Plans (PDF) - Includes discussion sets and excerpts for analysis.
- 20 A Raisin in the Sun handouts (PDFs)
- 2 Presentation files (PPTX)
- These A Raisin in the Sun lessons are intended for whole-class instruction, but many activities are appropriate for small-group or individual instruction.
- This resource is included in the A Raisin in the Sun Complete Unit bundle.