This CCSS aligned unit includes a variety of discussion questions, class handouts, quizzes and tests to give students a thorough understanding of Lorraine Hansberry’s award-winning play. Teacher notes and keys for quizzes, discussions questions and the unit test are included. This unit is based on Hansberry’s first edition of the play from the original Broadway Production.
* "A Raisin in the Sun" Web Quest with Teacher Notes
* Vocabulary Words and Activity with Teacher Notes
* Vocabulary Quiz with Teacher Key
* Six Banks of Discussion Questions (for Act 1 Scene 1, Act 1 Scene 2, Act 2 Scenes 1-2, Act 2 Scene 3, Act 3 and Culminating Questions) with Teacher Notes
* Four Reading Quizzes (for Act 1, Act 2 Scenes 1-2, Act 2 Scene 3 and Act 3) with Teacher Key
* Scene Comparison Analysis--Poem and Scene from Play with Teacher Notes
* Literary Terms Review and Analysis Handout with Teacher Notes
* Character Development Handout with Teacher Notes
* Thematic Development Handout with Teacher Notes
* Civil Rights Poetry Assignment
* Scene Interpretation--Creative Project Assignment
* Comparison Analysis Handout between the Play and Film
* Multiple Choice Unit Test with Answer Key
* Written Response Test with Answer Key
This unit addresses the Common Core State Standards: RL1, RL2, RL3, RL4, RL7, W4, W7, W10, SL1, L4, and L5a.
Did you know this unit is part of my American Literature Bundle?
The bundle includes 10 resources for a 20% discount. **Please do not purchase this unit in addition to the bundle**
This unit is broken into smaller segments for greater flexibility; **please don’t purchase any of the items below in addition to this unit as they are already included.**
Discussion Questions with Answer Keys ONLY
Reading Quizzes with Answer Keys ONLY
Unit Test with Answer Key ONLY