This no print and no prep ActivInspire flipchart is a fun space story that engages students with autism and developmental delays from the cover to the last page. The story increases their use/understanding of fringe words (i.e. astronaut, rocket) and core words (i.e. we, see, has, no, hello, goodbye) when paired with their AAC device or a core word board.
This flipchart lesson includes:
• "I can" statements
• notes browser (yellow note icon) explains features for interactive pages
• simple, interactive Table of Contents/lesson schedule
• visual dictionary to introduce space setting and characters
• engaging story with realistic character and space images with sound effects and visual supports to aid the students in story comprehension
• character and setting activity with visual supports to aid comprehension of “who” and “where”
• repetitive text to teach core words using device or core word board. Core word focus includes: we, see, has, no, hello, goodbye
• an interactive survey (“Did you like the story?”)
• lesson closure page
• 29 interactive pages
This flipchart can be used for small group instruction at the computer and in whole-group settings using an interactive whiteboard. Students take turns reading and activating the interactive features.
Please come back to our store as we continue to add more flipchart activities!
**Must have ActivInspire software.**