This is a 31 page packet that contains the following for the novella, A River Runs Through It by Norman Maclean:
1. An extensive, 72-question study guide which includes discussion questions aimed at getting responses lined up with the Common Core standards. These questions ask students to dig into the text to discover deeper meaning and back up answers with quotes and examples from the story.
2. Group Presentation Activity: This group activity asks students to go beyond answering questions and get to the core themes of the novel. Themes include: Plot, The Role of Women, Setting, Paul as a Western/Tragic Hero, Religion and Fishing as a Metaphor.
3. Fill in the Blank Quiz. This short quiz can be used in conjunction with the study guide to help students with a close reading excercise.
4. Final Exam: This final exam includes a comprehensive overview of the entire novella. Questions include matching, short answer, multiple choice and short essay.
5. Keys Included for all study guides, quizzes and tests.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License