These activities are based on the short story "A Rose for Emily" by William Faulkner including:
* comprehension/discussion questions for the students as a class, literature circle, or individual to answer
* a mini-lesson review about literary elements with a follow-up activity connected to the story
* a worksheet students can fill out while they watch the movie
* a vocabulary worksheet with 20 words from the story and quiz that uses analogies to assess understanding of the vocabulary
* a story cube that can be used as a fun and quick way to review the elements of literature
* a quick research activity about the author that results in a 1-2 minute speech
* an essay that provides four different prompt options with a rubric
If you see short stories in my store that you would also like to bundle, please email me at email@example.com and I can build a packet of 5 stories for $10 to meet your classroom needs.
Before rating, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find an error and I will quickly fix and resend the product to you.
Check out our blog about school improvement strategies!
Please download my featured FREE product at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Middle-School-SAT-List-1-Vocabulary-Unit-and-PowerPoint-Lecture-1-of-10
If you are extremely dissatisfied with a product please contact me so I can attempt to correct the situation. I do not offer refunds on electronic products but will offer a replacement item in some cases. I want you to be happy so you'll be a return customer.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License