In this exercise the students will create a simple spreadsheet that will display projected sales for 5 specific software programs for a 6 month period. The student will insert the required formulas to complete the exercise via use of the student instruction sheet.
The student will:
1. Create the spreadsheet showing the sales for 5 Software Programs for 6 months
using the student instruction sheet.
2. Insert the appropriate formulas (from the instructions sheet) which will allow the spreadsheet to do all the necessary calculations.
3. Format their spreadsheet for a professional appearance using the student instruction sheet and videos.
4. Create a graph on the calculated spreadsheet numbers using the student instruction sheet and videos.
The package includes four files:
1. teacher instructions (created in WORD)
2. Step-by-step student instructions for the student to complete the exercise (created in WORD which can be edited by the teacher)
3. The Excel answer key for the teacher
4. The Excel downloadable file for the students if the teacher chooses this option,
The Student and teacher instructions contain links to Youtube videos which I created that assist both the teacher and student in terms of understanding and completing the exercise.
This exercise is best-suited as a financial literacy/business lesson exercise but can also been used in other subject areas.