All Summer in a Day by Ray Bradbury Short Story Bundle
This is a very comprehensive bundle with 40 pages of instructional resources and activities related to the short story, All Summer in a Day by Ray Bradbury. This unit was designed to give the teacher choice. I don’t expect that you will be able to use everything. These include,
1) The All Summer in a Day "Scavenger Hunt for Information, Activity
There is a 30 question active reading scavenger hunt where students actively hunt for information while they read. This scavenger hunt is meant to enhance enjoyment and check for understanding. They are always a hit with my high school kids. Answer sheets are included.
2) Comprehension Question for the story asking students to choose text from the story to support their responses
3) A Word Detective/Word Attack vocabulary activities.
In this activity, students act as vocabulary detectives using their word attack skills and context clues to determine the meaning, of new words in context using actual dialogues and narration from the story. They are also asked to provide synonyms and identify parts of speech. There are also questions related to figurative language and word variation. Answer sheets are again included.
4) A comprehensive crossword puzzle related to the characters, events, vocabulary, and figurative language of the story.
5) A Figurative Language Study Guide
This is worksheet and workshop which introduces the figurative language in the short story. It focuses on the six most common kinds of figurative language used by the author; simile, metaphor, personification, hyperbole, synecdoche and paradox and also touches on a very important literary device, foreshadowing.
You can also access my store at