Use this writing prompt with A Tale of Two Beasts
by Fiona Roberton. It helps students gather information to compare and contrast the two characters in the story. The two characters tell the story from two different perspectives.
Students begin with a Venn diagram to brainstorm, and then move to an outline page. Then, the last page encourages the students to write their compare/contrast ideas in a short composition. Included are a list of things to include in their story. 3 worksheet pages included.
You may also be interested in...
• Book Study: Sam and George Compare/Contrast Guided Writing
• TWO BAD ANTS (Word Choice Writing Mini-Lesson)
• Writer's Workshop Writing Papers
• Thanksgiving Writing Process Prompts for Thanksgiving Story by Dagliesh
• Thanksgiving Writing Process Prompts for Squanto's Journey by Bruchac
For more information, see the blog post: Learn to Compare and Contrast using A Tale of Two Beasts.
Rebecca Reid is also known as Line upon Line Learning: Enjoy life-long learning, one day at a time.