Challenging, rigorous and detailed unit focused upon Shelagh Delaney's charming 1950s play 'A Taste of Honey'! This unit is suitable for ages 14 and over and focuses upon analysis of the whole text, punctuated by two essays (one focused upon character, the other on theme). Students are supported throughout these with sentence starters to help them structure their responses.
This detailed and high quality unit includes:
* 32 lesson plans (with 16 differentiation strategies)
* 143 slide PowerPoint presentation
* All resources
* Context video clip
* Homework project that includes both reading and writing skills
Unit's lessons include:
* Cloze activity on the play's contexts
* Detailed comprehension questions on each scene
* Spelling tests on key vocabulary
* SPaG starter activities
* Character crosswords
* Huge 60-question revision quiz
* In-depth key scene analyses (including group work)
* Exploring characters - Helen, Jo, Peter, Boy, Geof
* Exploring themes - marriage, motherhood, relationships
* AfL activities - improving sample responses
* Essay planning
* Writing a formal essay on a chosen character
* Writing a formal essay on a chosen theme
* Teacher/peer/self assessment opportunities
Thank you for taking an interest in my product! If you do decide to proceed to purchase, I'd really appreciate your rating and feedback. This will help me to adapt future products and edit existing ones so that they can really be the best they can be.
If you enjoy this product, please do check out my others and click 'Follow' to be the first to hear about new products, sales and promotions!