Have you wanted to join in on all the guided math fun but are not sure how to get started? This 100+ page guide is intended for teachers who want to learn more about implementing the guided math / math workshop model in their classroom. This file does not contain actual math lessons, but it is a great instructional resource. This file goes through step-by-step procedures of how I have made it work for me for the past three years. It also includes photos and files of my classroom, things I use in my classroom, and resources that you can download. Basically, I took all the information I would normally deliver to a workshop class, and typed it out for you in the format of a guide. This guide includes:
• Reflecting on your own math instruction.
• What is math workshop?
• What does math workshop look like?
• Why should you use math workshop?
• Relating reading workshop and math workshop.
• Math workshop scheduling
• All Math Workshop Components in detail with photos (activating strategies, mini-lessons, guided small groups, math calendar, math workstations.)
• Resources I use during activating learning, mini-lessons, small groups, math calendar, and workstations.
• Free workstation sample
• Assessment Tools (ideas for recording and tracking data from pre/post tests and weekly assessments.)
• Rotation Poster
• Basket & Bin labels for workstation baskets and workstation storage.
• Storage and organization ideas.
This is a must read for anyone wanting to learn more about using the guided math / math workshop model in your classroom.
**Please note this file is not editable unless there is an error.**
**Please download and view the preview for a better view of what you get. I have updated the product picture here, but the same file is still here!**