A bundle for lessons for Khaled Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns. This bundle includes:
1. Introduction powerpoint (sold individually)
- The introductory powerpoint is to familiarize the students with the history of Afghanistan and the place of women in the changing culture. This powerpoint should be shown before reading the novel.
2. Literature Circle Packet (sold individually)
- This packet (literature circle roles for A Thousand Splendid Suns) is intended to correspond with reading, analysis, and discussion of the novel in an AP Literature class. The 19-page packet includes:
- Handouts for each role (4)
- Handouts for meeting notes (4)
- One of the roles (AP Question Connector) is specifically designed for AP Literature students; however, the role can be modified to fit any course. This packet also directly relates to the novel, A Thousand Splendid Suns by: Khaled Hosseini. While the literature circle model has been around for a while, this packet was designed to thoroughly examine this particular novel through student analysis and discussion. The themes and AP Questions relate directly to the novel.
- This literature circle lesson typically takes two weeks to complete. Meetings typically take place every 3-4 days to include time for reading and completing roles. There are 4 meetings to correspond with the four parts of the novel.
3. Kabul poem - translation analysis activity (bonus product)
- This activity is not sold separately in my store and is only available as a part of this bundle.
- This lesson can take place prior to reading or after reading has begun.
- Students will analyze two translations of the same poem: Kabul by Mirza Muhammed Ali Saib. This poem is the inspiration for and includes the title of the novel.