A Trip to Washington D.C. received a makeover on January 15, 2016. If you already own this product, please check it out and download all of the new printables for FREE.
This includes activities for six centers to reinforce the skills
learned in A Trip to Washington, D.C. It also includes many more printables and fun activities. This is a great supplement to use when teaching the Reading Street Curriculum.
Spelling Center – Rainbow write the spelling words/ Use letter tiles to spell the words/ Find the words and color them/ Write sentences with the words/ Put words in ABC order
High-Frequency Word Center – Use letter stamps and spell the words/ Use play-doe to trace the words/ Write the word and color
the words the given color/ Sort the words by number of syllables/ Write sentences with the words.
Phonics Center – Use a magnifying glass and find oa and ow words and words with three-consonant blends/ Phonics Game = sort oa and ow words and record your words./ Look at the picture of oa and ow words- Write the words.
Listening Center – After listening to ‘A Trip to Washington, D.C.”, students will answer questions about the story.
Writing Center – Students will write a story about a rabbit by answering guiding questions.
Vocabulary Center - Match Amazing Words to definitions/ Write a sentence and draw a picture of one word
(1) Find the number by giving the number that comes next when counting by 10’s using a counting chart. Then find high-frequency words.
(2) Find the sums and differences and then find oa and ow words.
(3) Read and color words that have the digraphs oa and ow to color an U.S.A. flag/ Read and color words with three-letter consonant blends to color an eagle.
(4) Word Search for spelling words
(5) Color a hundred’s chart to make a picture of a word that has an oa digraph in it.
(6) Color a hundred's chart to find an ow word.
(7) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(8) Write the correct word to finish the sentence
(9) Correct Fix-It Sentences
(10) Read the story to find Facts and Details
Highlight the adjective and write the adjective
Color the adjectives in the puzzle
Spelling Words and High-Frequency Words are included for your Word Wall.