This packet contains 7 fun comprehension activities for you to use with your students after reading the book: A Turkey For Thanksgiving By Eve Bunting.
Table of Contents:
1. Setting Sketch Activity (Students draw a picture of the 2 settings in the story).
2. Main Character Snapshot (Students draw a picture and use adjectives to describe the main character in the story).
3. Prediction Picture Activity (Students draw a picture to predict why Mrs. Moose wants a turkey for Thanksgiving).
4. Problem and Solution Activity (Students draw a picture to show a problem and a solution in the story).
5. Turkey Talk Activity (Students draw a picture of the turkey in the story and fill in the speech bubbles with phrases that they think the turkey might say to Mr. Moose).
6. Cast of Characters Activity (Students draw pictures and write labels to show the sequence of characters in the story).
7. Tell the Trick Activity (Students draw what they THINK was going to happen to the turkey in the story and what ACTUALLY happened to the turkey at the end of the story).
Please take a peek at the thumbnail images to view a few of the activities in this packet.