Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- U.S.A. Research Unit for Informational Text AND U.S. Presidents Research Unit BUNDLE!This bundle includes the Google Slides and Printable version of both units! You save BIG by purchasing all together in the bundle!These units are perfect for students who are learning how to use informational text a$14.40$24.00Save $9.60
- Social Studies Informational Text Research BUNDLE! These units are perfect for students who are learning how to use informational text and studying a variety of science topics. Students will first learn how to use the text features in informational text including the table of contents and index. The$50.00$84.00Save $34.00
- Science AND Social Studies Informational Text Research BUNDLE! These units are perfect for students who are learning how to use informational text and studying a variety of science and social studies topics. Students will first learn how to use the text features in informational text including the t$183.60$204.00Save $20.40
This USA (United States of America) research unit is perfect for students who are learning how to use informational text and studying the United States. It is a great component to your United state reports!
This is the Google Slides + Printable bundle! You save by purchasing both versions together!
Students will first learn how to use the text features in informational text including the table of contents and index. Then, students will be assigned a state. You can choose if you would like your students to work individually, in partners, or in groups. Students will have a United States Research Journal that they will use as a guide as they research about the United States and their assigned state. Editable sections have been added to the research journals so you may add your own questions!
Once students have completed their research, they will use it to complete two culminating activities: a state report/presentation and a salt dough map of their state. Finally, other classes and parents will be invited to the "State Fair" where your students will share what they've learned about their state and show off their maps!
You can also get this unit in the United States of America and U.S. Presidents Research Bundle! You can save BIG when you buy both units!
- Teacher Info Pages: This includes a sample unit outline, grading rubric, and lesson plans for internet research, intro lesson, research journals, and final projects.
- Book research/ text features worksheets: Students will review other text features including: glossary, titles, headings, photos, captions, graphs/charts, and special print. They will also compare and contrast the table of contents and index.
- Internet research worksheets: These worksheets will familiarize your students with how to find credible sources on the internet for research.
- State Cards Cards with the name and clip art of each state. You can use these to assign students a state to research.
- Research Journals: The research journals will guide the students throughout their research. There is one question on each page for the students to find the answer to. 19 pre-written pages are included, plus 2 blank ones to add your own questions.Choose which version is best for your students.
- Salt Dough Map & State Report Instructions Lesson plan for the student's final project
- Salt Dough State Map Example A photo example of the final project
- Parent Letter & State Fair Invitation: Keep the parents in the loop! Let them know what is going on with the states unit, and invite them to the state fair, if you decide to do one.
- Final Report Pages and info: A final report page is included as well as examples and lessons to have students create a salt dough model of their state.
- **BONUS! ALL PAGES in the document are included in both vivid color AND Ink Friendly Black & White for your convenience**
Patriotic clip art from Digi Web Studio and Kristi W Designs
More Research Units:
- Holidays Around The World Research Unit
- US Presidents Research Unit
- Solar System Research Unit
- Dinosaur Research Unit
- Landforms Research Unit
- Animals & Habitats Research Unit
WANT MORE FREEBIES & TEACHING TIPS?
Click on the green star by my store name to become a follower! You will be notified when I upload new products, freebies, and have sales! You can also sign up for my free resource library to get access to ALL of my freebies as well as lots of free teaching ideas at www.WifeTeacherMommy.com
HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
Please email me before leaving feedback and I'll try my best to help you out! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.