** PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A REVISED FILE AS OF OCT. 27, 2013**
This product includes a variety of engaging primary grade math activities with a Halloween theme. The contents include:
- "How many are in the Bag?" -A trick or treat bag has tipped over and SOME of its contents spilled. Students practice decomposition and determining a "missing addend" to figure out how many pieces of candy are left in the bag.
- "Halloween Costume Graph"-Students use simple bar graph data to answer questions about 4 different Halloween costumes.
- "Halloween Arrays" Students solve simple repeated addition/multiplication story problems by cutting and pasting Halloween pictures and designing an array.
- "Candy Fractions"- Students practice identifying part-to-whole fractions/ratios as they circle Halloween candy (for example-What is 1/3 of 12 pieces of candy corn?)
- "Addition Web"- Students practice 4 addend addition by finding the total of numbers written in a spider web. Using a "find addends that equal 10" strategy is modeled. (3 different independent practice sheets for this skill are included)
- "Halloween Place Value"-Students circle groups of ten Halloween characters, then record the "tens" and "ones" to show how many items are pictured.
Please check out the preview to see several samples of these activities. Thanks so much for your interest in my product. Please leave feedback- I truly value what my colleagues have to say about my products as I continue to design instructional materials.
Thank you to mycutegraphics.com for the awesome cover graphics and many of the graphics used throughout these materials.
Common Core State Standard Aligned-
by Amy Bratsos
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License