Looking for a fun and engaging activity to teach about the American Presidents? Take your students on a Walking Tour!
This is a wonderful Walking Tour or Gallery Walk lesson on ten of the significant presidents in American history. From the founding fathers to our first African-American leader, the stories of leadership and dedication are shared with students are they investigate through visits to 10 centers.
Each center provides:
Basic biographical and political information
Their road to the presidency
Their most significant contributions
Their daily life as president
The presidents included are George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Abe Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson, Ronald Reagan, and Barack Obama.
Student handouts for investigation notes and wrap-up questions are provided.
In addition to all of the materials needed for the learning centers, you also receive a Matching Card Game on the presidents and their most significant contributions. Great for review!
See my other Presidents Sets, Walking Tours, Review Games and so much more core standards based materials for World History, U.S. History, Geography and other Social Studies courses in my TpT Store!
• A Walking Tour with the Presidents Centers Activity w/Matching Card Game
• American Presidents Facebook-like Timeline Research Activity
• Presidents Matching Card Game - All 44 Presidents Flash Cards
• Presidents Scavenger Hunt President's Day Review
• The Presidents Centers or Small Group Activity - Great for President's Day!
• Duties & Responsibilities of Citizenship Centers Activity & Project