Everything you need for A Weed Is a Flower through Pearson Reading Street!
Charts, Webs, Concept talks, Sentence Frames, Text-Based Questions, Games, Literacy Centers, Supplementary Activities, Vocabulary Cards, Practice Stations, and MUCH MORE!
This Common Core Standards Aligned Activity Packet correlates with the Scott Foreman Reading Street Series for 2nd grade. A Weed Is a Flower is unit 3.5, but can be used for any book study or inventor study! This packet includes everything for teachers to make Pearson as teacher friendly as possible! There are various activity/student centers for all the content covered throughout this week, including many things I find lacking as a teacher: definitions for spelling words AND academic vocabulary used throughout the week, common core-aligned reading and writing activities such as text-based/evidence-based comprehension questions, Day 1-5 concept talks with sentence frames, phonics and sentence reading, and questions of the day written up for quick reference or document camera convenience. Student friendly directions for all activities, student daily, retelling activity/station, and every chart, table, and graphic organizer at your fingertips for the week (blank AND filled in) and MORE! THIS IS THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE WEEKLY PEARSON PACKET AVAILABLE!
• Refrigerator Page for Parents/Student Reference
• Cause and Effect
• Make Your Own Invention!
• 2 Leveled Story Sequencing Activities
• Fluent Sentence Reading
• Dictated Spelling Sentences
• Inventors and Creative Ideas Chart (blank and filled in)
• Compare/Contrast Abraham Lincoln/A Weed is a Flower
• 'To Be' Verbs- Student reference sheet
• ABC order spelling word activity
• Daily Concept talks with and without sentence frames
• Synonym Webs
• Daily Writing
• Where Do Creative Ideas Come From Webs
• Conventions Day 1-5
• Matching Word Cards for:
Vocabulary Words (including academic vocabulary!)
(Student Answer Keys included for all words to
promote universal access/independent practice/small group
• Day 1-5 Questions of the Day
*Student Sentence Frames provided for Structured
• Retelling Writing Activity/Literacy Center
• Text-Based Comprehension Questions
• Comparative Verbs Charts (Student/Master)
• Day 5 Comparative Verbs and Words to Read Review with
with Answer keys
Thank you for checking out our store! We have lots of other second grade weekly units! Check them out!
Earn your TpT point by leaving us feedback! We make our products based on what YOU want!