A book a week: A Wizard Came to Visit by Kate Vickers (A Sunshine reader book)
Read the book daily for a week and complete a activity a day - oh so simple!
1. Sequencing – students cut and sequence story events – 2 versions available (1 harder and 1 easier with less events).
2. Rhyming Words – 2 versions. In the first students cut and glue rhyming pairs. The second version is easier/faster. Students simply colour/color code rhyming pairs.
3. Multiple Choice Comprehension
4. Writing – students write a Wizard’s shopping list.
5. Writing – students write down the different spells the Wizard cast in the story (chair into rocket, rocket back to chair, sunglasses for the boy, breeze, comet’s tail around the Martians etc)
6. Synonyms and Brain Stretches – students colour/color code synonyms then change story words around to make new words.
7. Cloze activity – comprehension
8. Bumper word search
9. Story words match up
All activities were created with mid Year/Grade 1 in mind!
Prefer a different font? Just ask.. if I can, I will!
Come find me on Facebook - just search for "Miss Simplicity's Classroom"