This is a unit designed to go along with the Wizard of Oz in my first grade classroom... it could easily be adapted and used in other grades as well. Included in this download:
1) pairing cards (for forming student pairs)
2) ABC order worksheet
3) Fill in 1-120 number chart
4) Describing sheet for each of the major characters...
5) Common and proper worksheet
6) Who is your favorite witch graphing activity
7) Color handout with all the characters for use in writing
8) Complete or incomplete sentence worksheet
9) Cut and paste characters in order as they appeared in the book
10) Venn Diagram (compare both witches)
11) Writing "If I had ruby slippers..."
12) T-Chart comparing cyclones and tornados
13) Directions for downloading Oz map... writing sheet for students to write directions from one place on the map to another
14) Wizard of Oz story map
15) Journal writing: Circle one of the characters and write a journal entry from their point of view
16) Story Sack activity (directions)
17) Student creative writing graphic organizer (to go with story sack)
18) 10 posters with standards listed for hanging in the classroom for students/administrators to see easily!