A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle is a classic novel that is included on the Common Core's recommended reading list for grades six through eight. More importantly, this novel will appeal equally to boys and girls. It is an action-packed-good-versus-evil story.
This study requires students to think critically about text. It also requires students to use text evidence to support their responses.
Writing is embedded within the study.
The study includes:
1. Vocabulary for each chapter
2. Vocabulary matrix
3. Vocabulary tests
4. Vocabulary writing connection
5. Character analysis
6. Significant text analysis
7. Theme analysis
8. Symbolism analysis
9. Archetypes and allegory analysis
10. Writing prompts
11. Movie and text graphic organizer
12. Use of quotations (enrichment)
13. Text extension--researching the "fighters"
14. Final exam
15. Answer keys
A Wrinkle in Time Novel Study
by Dianne Watson
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License