An entire unit designed to help you create the perfect writer's notebook (or folder) for your students! This unit includes notebook and folder covers, topic lists, prewriting organizers, grade-level specific editor's checklists, conferencing log, and much more! (Includes 17 files below)
This unit also offers a BONUS 16 pages of pictures and descriptions of how these notebooks/folders have been successfully set up and used in our classrooms!!
1) A Writer's Notebook Cover: Notebook and folder covers to use for students' writing notebooks. (PDF Form is fillable, but not editable. Includes full and half page, color, and b&w options)
2) Genres to Write: A list of genres and descriptions for students to write.
3) Writings Topic Lists: A list of writing topics for students to use with space for adding new ideas.
4) Writing Ideas Survey: A survey for students to complete, generating writing ideas to use when they're stuck choosing a topic to write about.
5) Prewriting Graphic Organizers: Prewriting organizer samples for students to refer to during prewriting.
6) Alphabet Brainstorming Quilt: A page for students to use in brainstorming words they know about a topic.
7) Hamburger Paragraph Visual: Hamburger Paragraph visual for students. (Color and BW provided)
8) Revising Checklist: A checklist for students to use in revising their own writing.
9) Revising Checklist Template & Editing Checklist Template: Editing and revising templates for gluing rules as students become responsible for them in their writing. Great for differentiating writing! (Use with editing rules and revision strategies below).
10) Revision Strategies: 12 reproducible revision strategies to use with Revising Checklist Template (above).
11) Editing Checklist: A checklist for students to use in editing their own writing.
12) Grade-Level Specific Editing Checklist Rules: 7 reproducible editing rule pages for each grade leveled 1st through 5th to use with Editor's Checklist Template (above). Includes grades 1-5.
13) Grade-Level Specific Interactive Editor's Checklist Wall Displays: Editing checklist template and editing rules for each grade leveled 1st through 5th to use for an interactive wall display. Includes grades 1-5
14) Writing Record: A page for students to record stories they've written, which prompts them to publish after writing five stories.
15) Writer's Dictionary: A dictionary for students to use as a resource during writing - (9 pages; includes cover, alphabet pages, and theme pages)
16) Conferencing Log: A log to use when conferencing with students about their writing.
17) Writing Rubric: A rubric for grading students' writing.
By downloading a Teacher’s Clubhouse file, you are agreeing to the following license terms. Teacher's Clubhouse, Inc. owns and retains the copyright on each file. Your download entitles you to one non-exclusive license to use the unaltered file for non-commercial, non-profit purposes in one classroom only. If you intend to use the file in multiple classrooms, you must purchase one copy for each classroom. Your license does not authorize you to re-sell or otherwise use the file for profit in any way; to alter the file in any way; to create derivative works based on the file; or to post or distribute the file on your website, through email, on message boards, or in printed copy, except that your license authorizes you to distribute printed copies to students in one classroom.