If you have a difficult time incorporating science and social studies into your day, integrate it right into your reading block. These Monthly Nonfiction Units are perfect for integrating reading with science and social studies. Each montly packet includes reading passages, comprehension questions that are perfect for text evidence, vocabulary, writing, anchor charts, and more.
What does this product include?
This bundle includes my nonfiction units for August-June. Each month includes 4-5 nonfiction topics:
- Community Helpers, Watermelons, Safety Skills, & Germs
- Apples, Johnny Appleseed, The Constitution, Leaves, and Matter.
- Bats, Spiders, Owls, Pumpkins, & Fire Safety
- Turkeys, Patriotic Symbols, Veterans Day, Mayflower Voyage, & Thanksgiving
- Christmas Around the World, Winter Holidays, Snow, & Reindeer
- Penguins, Polar Bears, Martin Luther King, Jr. and Arctic Animals
- Groundhogs, Valentine's Day, President's Day, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, & Dental Health and Teeth
- Rainbows, Saint Patricks' Day, Inventors & Inventions (Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, The Wright Brothers & Henry Ford), and Magnets
- Farm Animals (Cows, Pigs, Sheep, & Chickens), Plants, Rocks and Minerals (Igneous, Sedimentary, & Metamorphic Rocks), and Dinosaurs
- Monarch Butterflies, Life Cycles, Insects, Honey Bees, Ladybugs, Ants, and Mother's Day
- Earthworms, Father's Day, Ice Cream, and Landforms (Mountains, Hills, and Plains)
Who is this product geared towards?
This packet is geared towards 1st or 2nd graders. I personally use these as a whole group activity with my 1st grade class.
What are teachers saying about this product?
"I have had my eye on this product for a while and finally got to purchase it. Very glad to have it to finish this school year and I know I will love having it for the beginning of next year Thank you so much. I love all of your products that I have purchased. :)" -Alicia
"THANK YOU!!! I use one nonfiction text in class weekly and the kiddos love them. I appreciate all the hard work you put into these. You rock! :)" -Lindsey
Check out each individual month:
• Nonfiction in August
• Nonfiction in September
• Nonfiction in October
• Nonfiction in November
• Nonfiction in December
• Nonfiction in January
• Nonfiction in February
• Nonfiction in March
• Nonfiction in April
• Nonfiction in May
• Nonfiction in June
Be the first to know about new products, sales, and freebies.
Look for the ★green star★ next to my store logo and click it to become a follower.
Connect with Me
Visit my blog at www.funinfirst.com
Fun in First on Facebook
Fun in First on Instagram