Due to limited ability to provide a preview of this entire product, I have provided the cover pages for all units included. More detailed previews of each individual product are available in my TpT store. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Included in this product are 11 Second Grade Math SmartBoard Units and corresponding worksheets (that assess MOST concepts covered). (total of 1,387 pages)
The following skills are covered:
UNIT #1-Understanding Addition and Subtraction Strategies
• Extend or find a missing element in a pattern of numbers and shapes.
• Identify and describe the rule for a pattern shown.
• Skip count by 5,10, and 100
• Find a number (0-100) on a number line. Add or subtract another number and find the sum or difference on a number line (done through a story problem in this unit).
• Demonstrate the inverse relationship between addition and subtraction using fact families, properties of operations, and strategies based on place value
• Find the missing number that makes a number sentence true.
• Choose a number sentence that matches a given story (students will write the number sentences).
• Create or match a story to a given combination of symbols and numbers (read story problems and write number sentences).
• Identify the correct operations to solve a word problem.
UNIT #2-Place Value: Numbers to 1,000
• Understand the concepts of tens and ones.
• Use place value concepts to read and write numbers.
• Identify numbers in standard form to 99.
• Identify numbers in word form to 99.
• Identify numbers in expanded form to 99.
• Differentiate between and give examples of even and odd numbers. *Limit to two digits.
• Differentiate between and give examples of even and odd numbers. *Pairing objects by counting by 2’s.
• Differentiate between and give examples of even and odd numbers. *Write an equation to express an even number as a sum of equal addends.
• Match a symbolic representation of three digit numbers to appropriate whole numbers.
• Count within 1,000.
• Skip count by 1,000.
• Order a set of whole numbers from least to greatest or greatest to least up to 999.
• Compare two 3-digit whole numbers using greater than, less than, and equal to (=) up through 999 based on the meanings of the hundreds, tens, and ones digit.
• Identify the missing symbol that makes a number sentence true.
• Identify numbers up to 1,000 in standard form.
• Identify numbers up to 1,000 in expanded form.
• Identify numbers up to 1,000 in word form.
UNIT #3-Two and Three Digit Addition With and Without Regrouping
• Rounding Two Digit Numbers to the Nearest 10
• Estimating Sums of Quantities
• Double Digit Plus Single Digit
• Double Digit Plus Double Digit
• Regrouping of Double Digits in Horizontal and Vertical Form
• Adding Numbers on a Number Line
• Add Up to 4 Two Digit Numbers
• Find a Missing Number That Makes A Number Sentence True
• Mentally Add 10 or 100 to a given number of 100-900
• One and Two Step Story Problems
• Triple Digit Addition With and Without Regrouping
• Triple Digit Addition in Horizontal and Vertical Form
UNIT #4-Two and Three Digit Subtraction With and Without Regrouping
• Vertical Double-Digit Minus Single Digit
• Vertical Double-Digit Minus Double-Digit
• Horizontal Double Digit Minus Double-Digit
• Subtracting on a Number Line
• Inverse Relationship Between Addition and Subtraction
• Find a Missing Number (Numbers to 18)
• Estimate Differences
• One and Two Step Word Problems
• Vertical Triple-Digit Subtraction
• Horizontal Triple-Digit Subtraction and Check with Inverse
• Mentally Subtract 10 or 100 from 100-900
• Equal parts of a Whole
• Fractions with numerator 1; denominators 2-4 (a few 6-8)
• Fractions with numerators 1-9; Denominators 2-10
• Fractions of a Set with numerators 1-9; denominators 2-10
• Fractions on a Number Line
• Skip counting by 5's and 10's
• Count a collection of Coins/bills up to $1.00
• Count a collection of coins/bills up to $5.00
• Using dollar and cent signs appropriately
• Using pictures/manipulatives to Compare Coin Combinations up to $5.00
• Adding and Subtracting Money
• Making Change for Amounts up to $1.00 (no more than $0.99 change)
• Solve Word Problems Including Money
• Attributes and Measuring With Non-Standard Units
• Measuring in Half Inches
• Measuring in Quarter Inches
• Measuring in Feet
• Measuring in Yards
• Measuring in Centimeters
• Measuring in Half Centimeters
• Measuring in Milimeters
• Measuring in Meters (Includes one slide to explain what a meter is. Due to size, very hard to cover in smartboard unit.)
• Approximate Measures
• Measuring Differences
• Line Plots
• Story Problems Involving Measurement
• Perimeter and Area
UNIT #8-Time and Temperature
• Identify Times of Day as a.m. and p.m.
• Tell and show time to the nearest five minutes on an analog and digital clock using a.m. and p.m.
• Tell and show time to the nearest half and quarter hour on an analog and digital clock using a.m. and p.m.
• Tell and show time to the minute on an analog and digital clock using a.m. and p.m.
• Find elapsed time to increments of one hour
• Find elapsed time to increments of quarter and half hour
• Read a thermometer in both Celsius and Fahrenheit in 10 degree increments
• Name, identify, draw, and describe geometric shapes in two-dimensions (circle, triangle, square, rectangle, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and octagons).
• Name, identify, and describe geometric solid shapes in three dimensions (sphere, cube, cylinder, cone, pyramid, rectangular prism)
• Identify solid figures by their faces, edges, vertices, number of angles
• Identify Congruent shapes
• Identify slides, flips, and turns,
• Lines of symmetry
• Charts, graphs, and tables
• Translate information from one type of display to another
• Create and Interpret vertical and horizontal bar graphs
• Line plots
• Locate points on a coordinate grid
• Multiplication as Repeated Addition
• Building Arrays to Represent Multiplication
• Arrays That Represent Multiplication Turn-Around Facts
FREEBIE: I have included in this product merged PDF files of all SmartBoard Slides that can be printed and used as student workbooks. The students can complete each page in the SmartBoard Unit as the teacher is teaching. Also, for ease of printing, all worksheets for each unit have been merged into PDFs as well. This will allow you to hit print once rather than 11 times for each worksheet packet. (They are also included individually as well).
Additional Freebies: Once printed, you may choose to put each unit in binders. I have included Avery Address Label compatible binder labels, as well as Title Cover Pages for each unit that can be put in the front of a clear view binder.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!