Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Save BIG with this set of 12 writing units! Meet every single writing standard as students progress through 12 engaging and detailed units. This writing unit bundle includes units for Narrative, Expository, Persuasive, Descriptive, Memoir, Biography, Speech, Opinion, Poetry, Letter, Myth, and Fable Writing! Each unit brings students through every step of the writing process! Together, the units total over 725 pages! Units cover 5 months of instruction! Cover every Common Core State Standard in Writing plus tons of other standards in speaking, listening and language!
This bundle of writing units includes:
• Narrative Writing Unit--- Students write personal narratives about an interesting experience that taught them a lesson in this 10-Day writing unit.
• Expository Writing Unit--- In this 10-Day writing unit, students write an expository news story about a historic event.
• Memoir Writing Unit--- Tap into students’ natural inclination to share about their lives as they progress through this fun, 10-Day Memoir Writing Unit.
• Speech Reading, Analyzing, Writing, and Presenting--- In this 10-Day unit, students learn about the nonfiction genre of speeches, analyze four historic speeches, develop skills in writing short answer responses, conduct mini-research projects, write a persuasive speech based on their research, and present their speeches to the class.
• Poetry Writing Unit--- This Poetry Writing Unit provides students with a deep understanding of the poetry genre as they read and write poetry. In the eleven-day unit, students write ten different types of poetry.
• Myth Writing Unit--- In this 8-Day, CCSS-aligned Myth Writing Unit, students will demonstrate an understanding of the myth genre as they write their own myths.
• Persuasive Writing Unit--- In this 10-day Persuasive Writing Unit, students will develop background knowledge on roller coasters after reading informational texts, study and analyze advertisements, develop an understanding of critical components of persuasive writing, write their own persuasive advertisements for a roller coaster they designed, present their advertisements to the class, and actively listen to their peers’ writing.
• Descriptive Writing Unit--- During this 10-day Descriptive Writing unit, students will write a descriptive essay about an imaginary pet.
• Biography Writing Unit--- In this detailed, common-core aligned, 10-day unit, students will learn about biography writing and actively participate in the writing process. Students will write biographical sketches about a classmate.
• Opinion Writing Unit--- In this engaging 10-day opinion writing unit students write a business letter about a school issue. Writing as a concerned student, students will write a letter to their principal (that they do not necessarily need to send to him/her) based on their opinions.
• Friendly Letter Study and Writing--- Tap into students’ natural excitement about the Christmas season with this fun, engaging, and super educational Reindeer Mail Mini-Unit! In this unit students will make inferences, compare and contrast, read for information, conduct mini-research, identify the parts of a friendly letter, and write a friendly letter.
• Fable Writing Unit--- In this 10-day unit students will study mentor texts to become experts on the characteristics of fables and children’s books. Then, they will write their own fable in the form of a children’s book.
You might also like:
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction