I designed these Mini Books for my Australian Prep students. They are perfect for teaching:
* Initial sounds
* Sight word / high frequency word recognition
* Reading strategies such as Lips the Fish and Eagle Eye
* Sentence structure (Capital letters, full stops)
* Concepts of Print (direction of reading, return sweep etc)
* Fine Motor Skills
1. Trace the words
2. Colour the pictures
3. Cut along the dotted lines
4. Arrange the pages and staple them
5. Read their book to a friend
OPTIONAL: These little books make fantastic home readers. I love that they do not need to be loaned and returned. Children can keep their mini books at home and take pride in collecting the whole set. I find that my students get extra enjoyment from reading these books as they made them themselves.
Thank you so much for your interest!
*This product was made using an Australian font and Australian/UK spelling as I work in a Queensland school. Please see my other listings if you require a more generic font and American spelling. Thank you :)