This 35+ page recipe pack contains *everything* you need to have learn new life skills while engaged in the fun activity of baking Cherry Crumble.
It's been tried and tested in schools in pre-K, Kindergarten and grades 1, 2 and 3.
As seen in book 'Little Cookery: The complete guide to teaching young kids to cook'.
The recipe is built around a set of highly structured, illustrated recipe steps. Because each step relies on a system of color-coded measurements (the Cooking by Color™ method) these recipes are ideal for preschool, grades 1-5, non-readers and special ed. With the recipe's simple words and visual pathways, these projects are confidence-building gems.
All recipes have been used in classroom settings by the author with groups of up to 30 kids.
These recipe packs extend to all facets of cooking, from shopping to analysing the outcome, and as such the activity can easily be extended or shortened using the resources inside this huge pack.
Here’s what’s included..
- Extensive parent or teacher instructions regarding routines,
- Visual shopping list with tickboxes
- Printable, fully illustrated recipe
- Single page recipe, ideal for use on a tablet
- A complete list of ingredients and ways to substitute them, this will allow you to be sensitive and inclusive to kids with special dietary needs
- Review questions
- Art / memory page
- Explanation chart and rule board for students
- Certificate of achievement
- Tea party invitations for celebrating what the kids have made
- Gift tags
- Several options for tagging cup measures with the colors used in the recipe
- Oven conversion table