Also included in
- This bundle includes:1. Scrabble Battle2. Roll of Dice Poetry3. Roll a Character4. Jenga Icebreaker--Back to School5. The Word Wall Games6. Jenga Poetry****************************Perfect for collaborative, hands-on learning, literacy stations, vocabulary practice, creative writing, early fini$15.60$19.50Save $3.90
Scrabble Battle is a vocabulary building and review game. Students observe a photo (I've provided 10 in this product) and then collaborate to spell as many words as they can before the time is up.
This is the perfect game to review vocabulary words before a test/quiz. If you wish, you can use your own photos to help build excitement about important new concepts in an upcoming unit. This game can be adapted to work with Scrabble Battle helps ELL students gain fluency and confidence in learning and spelling new vocabulary words.
This is what my students said after they played 3 rounds of Scrabble Battle!
What did I observe as they played? Students cooperating, spelling words, asking about compound words, thinking about strategy. Talk about engagement!
- Teacher directions and game rules
- A game sheet to list words and tally points
- 10 full color photos (art, science, vintage inventions, children)
- 7 ways to vary the game, and extend the learning including a way to incorporate writing.
- 4 ways to make the game easier
- 4 ways to make the game more challenging
- *Note: I did not supply a rubric for this creative activity. This is in accordance with my educational philosophy as listed in my profile. Sometimes it's good to just let the students create and learn just for education's sake.
Scrabble (or any brand) letter tiles--enough for each duo or group of students
Overheard projector--or you may choose to print out the photos instead
*You will NOT need a Scrabble game board
If you like this product, you may also like:
key words: vocabulary review, games, scrabble, ell, fluency, vocabulary, fun, letter tiles, fast-paced, spelling, engaging, collaborative, literacy centers, learning stations, photos, observation skills, captivate motivate educate, science, social studies, ELA