A is for Australia is by Frane Lessac takes readers on a tour of Australia with beautiful images created by the author. This book is fabulous for Book Week.
This book is suitable for ages 5+
This resource has provided activities that cater for young children to much older primary students. The activities are after reading activities. We have not included the obvious orientation to the book and author/illustrator that teachers usually do before starting any reading. You can do one or all the activities provided. You will find 5 activities for varying age groups. Each activity can be tweaked to suit the students in your class.
Permission to create this resource has been sought from publishers.
❷plotting a map (atlas work)
❹Postcard to home or author
❺information report on Australian animals
You will find all worksheets included.
You may also like our other activities to go with popular books:
• After Reading Activities Poster
• After-reading Activities for Grades 4 to 6
• Animal Bookmarks FREE resource
• I’m a Hungry Dinosaur Teaching Resource
• Koala & Possum Craft to go with Possum Magic
• Possum Magic and Australian Animals Craft BUNDLE
• Sharing Activity goes well with Pig the Pug
• The Greenhouse Effect and Project Earth-Mend Teacher Resource
Please respect copyright and do not change, claim as your own or share this resource - you must download your own copy.