As its name suggests, A taste of Spanish is a tool aimed at giving a taste of the Spanish language and Hispanic culture, learning new sounds and words while having fun singing, dancing and performing.
¡Nachos para los muchachos! is a visual, colourful, interactive and engaging presentation about the origin of nachos.
Students learn some aspects of the Mexican culture (habits and food) and Spanish language (vocabulary and sounds).
It includes comments, tips, suggestions and ideas for teachers.
TIP: Do you want to spice it up? Get some REAL nachos from your local store and give a REAL yummy taste to your inspiring session!
- Geography: Mexico (flag-map), Piedras Negras
- History: Templo de Kukulcán in Chichén Itzá
- Phonetics: Sounds (letters X, CH, O and J)
- Vocabulary: nacho, taco, quesadilla, chile, guitarra, maracas, sombrero, piedras negras, Spanish names.
Small conversation (order something): Quiero, por favour, gracias, de nada.
- Culture: Origin of Nachos; Habits; Music; Typical Mexican Food
• Fantastic design (Hispanic flavours and colours)
• Customisable (You can modify or re-arrange everything to suit your students’ needs!)
• Interactive (Lots of animations and hyperlinks!)
• Audio-visual stimuli (Music, Images, Colours, Text!)
• Hands-on approach (Your students can engage in!)
• Role-play (adopting a new identity)
• Reading, Listening, Speaking (+ Writing)