After returning from a teachers only Ecuador tour with EF, Carrie Toth and I were anxious to create something that would engage our students in the culture we experienced first hand... then Nicky Jam released a video for Si tú la ves that is also a promotional video for tourism in Ecuador! Go here to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcGBVy3-W4s It is the perfect bridge between the culture we wanted to share and the music we knew would engage them! Please enjoy the unit we created and share with your colleagues!
Some of the things included in the unit are:
- I can statements aligned with the ACTFL 5Cs
- Possible assessments aligned with the ACTFL 5Cs
- A detailed unit plan that will help teachers plan this unit
- Access to a slideshow that will guide the teacher through the embedded readings process *before* watching the final video
- Links to Quizlets for Quizlet Live
- A link to an Edpuzzle
- Suggestions for ways to delve deeper
- A "Gesture Chorus" activity with a rubric to assess it
This unit is probably best for Spanish 3+, depending on your program.
65 pages plus access to a 77 slideshow to use as a guide for embedded readings