For more information about this unit, go to this website: http://reflecciones-kj.blogspot.com/2017/08/el-kichwa-en-el-ecuador.html
The purchase of this unit is best for Spanish 3+.
Purchasing this product will give you access to Google Presentations and docs (of which you can make copies and edit if desired) that include the following:
- These Essential Questions:
- ¿Es importante mantener vivos los idiomas y las culturas? ¿Por qué sí o no?
- ¿Qué es la interculturalidad y cómo y dónde está presente en el mundo?
- Discussion questions to get students to think about other languages and the concept of interculturality (without really explaining it)
- A reading about el kichwa in Ecuador
- Some short activities to do with Wawa Kichwa videos/activities every day to start class for four days.
- A interpretive reading activity, based on an article about bilingual schools (Kichwa and Spanish). Students could do this alone, in groups or as an entire class.
- Two embedded readings for the legend "Las guacamayas".
- A presentation that will lead teachers through the two easier versions of the legend and finally to the full audio of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u5Xjpy0Qxw&t=109s
- Possible evaluations for the legend readings
- A short reading about a hip hop band that sings in kichwa.
- Suggestions for a final evaluation on the unit.