The package includes:
1. English Lesson for beginners. (.pdf) – 10 pages
2. Answer Sheet (.pdf)
3. audio file (.mp3) – female voice (native British speaker)
About the lesson (plan)
Target English Grammar: Tenses For Future Actions (Present Continuous, Future Simple, going to + inf)
Please note, this is a Grammar Review Lesson – students must be familiar with these tenses before this lesson!
Target Vocabulary: Accepting / Rejecting Invitations and Special Events in English.
Presentation: (page 2, 3, 4)
1. Look at the three invitations. Discuss them.
- 3 invitations for three different events – a wedding, a birthday party, and a movie. Discussion is focused on what the events are, who is invited, and what you should wear.
(Conversation/ discussion exercise. Focus on target vocabulary.)
2. Listen to the text. Fill in the blanks.
Tells about Sabrina’s birthday invitation she sent to a friend, and what her friend is going to do before the party.
(Listening comprehension exercise that targets focus vocabulary.)
3. Answer the following questions.
(Tests how well the text in the previous exercise was understood. )
Grammar Box (pages 5, 6)
- Full grammar explanations with graphics and suitable examples.
- Explains the difference in meaning, and when to use the three tenses for future actions.
- How to make invitations.
- How to accept or reject invitations in English.
Practice: (pages 7, 8)
1. Finish the sentences. Use can’t / busy / great / sure/ next time / I’d love to / my pleasure
(Focus vocabulary / grammar exercise)
2. Change the verb tense from Future Simple to Present Continuous and Going to + infinitive. Discuss how the meaning changes.
( Grammar exercise.)
3. Fill in the blanks with the correct tense of the verb.
(Reading/ grammar exercise. Focus vocabulary included. )
Production (classroom activities – page 3) – 3 assignments: pair work, role play, and a reject-an-invitation activity
Credits (page 10)
Visit Our StoreFree ESL Plans