This PACKAGE has been updated to adopt a new concept design.
Gerund – A2 Lower Intermediate English Lesson Plan – Education and Studying
Lesson goals: At the end of this lesson students will learn how to form and when to use Gerund (the -ing form of the verb). They will be able to talk about education, studying and different classroom activities. Also, students will learn important English vocabulary about studying and subjects at school suitable for this level.
Target English Grammar: Gerund (the -ing form of the verb)
Target Vocabulary: Education and studying
The package includes:
English Lesson for lower intermediate level. (.pdf) – 9 pages
Answer Sheet (.pdf)
audio file (.mp3) – female voice
About the lesson:
English Grammar: Gerund (the -ing form of the verb).
Target Vocabulary: Education and Studying
Presentation: (pages 2, 3)
1. Listen to the text and fill in the blanks.
The text tells the story of a student, who did not like history before, but since the teacher explained that history is important because it can teach us not to make the same mistakes again, history has become the student's favourite subject at school.
2. Mark the sentences T for true, and F for false.
3. Connect the words with their meaning (vocabulary exercise).
Grammar Box (pages 4)
- full grammar explanations with graphics/ pictures.
- suitable examples for the level matching the target grammar for the lesson
- Remember! section for common mistakes, and exceptions to the rule.
Practice: (pages 5, 6, 7)
1. Form gerund from the verbs in brackets.
2. Match the verbs with their gerund.
3. Underline the correct answer.
4. Crosswords (vocabulary exercise).
Production (page 8) – 2 assignments
Credits (page 9)
Visit Our Store
Free ESL Plans