About the lesson:
Lesson Goals: This English lesson presents some common adverbs of time (today, tomorrow, now, then, etc.) and how to use them (word order)
Focus English Grammar:Adverbs of Time
Target Vocabulary:Sports and Games
The package includes:
ESL/ EFL English lesson for lower intermediate level (A2) (.pdf) – 10 pages
Answer Sheet (.pdf) – 4 pages
audio file (.mp3) – female voice
Presentation: (pages 2, 3)
1. Connect the words with the pictures.
(Introducing focus vocabulary – 8 pictures of sport activities and objects that need to be connected with the appropriate words.)
2. Listen to the story and fill in the blanks.
(Listening exercise – tells the story of Tim, who wants to play many different sports.)
3. Mark the statements T for true, F for false.
(Listening comprehension exercise)
Grammar Box (pages 4, 5, 6)
- extensive grammar explanations with graphics
- suitable examples for the level matching the focus vocabulary for the lesson
- Remember! section for common mistakes, and exceptions to the rule.
Practice:(pages 7, 8)
1. Correct the mistakes in the sentences.
(8 sentences with mistakes in word order discussed in the grammar section above)
2. Underline the correct adverb of time in the brackets.
(The correct adverb of time must be chosen based on verb tenses and context.)
(Vocabulary/ spelling exercise – easy explanation of the sports activity/ objects that must be filled in the crossword. )
Production (Teachers Only) (page 9) – 2 assignments
Credits (page 10)