The package includes:
- English Lesson for lower intermediate learners (A2). (.pdf) – 7 pages
- Answer Sheet (.pdf)
- Audio file (.mp3) – female voice
About the lesson (plan)
Target English Grammar: Phrasal Verbs
Target Vocabulary: Work and Daily Activities
Presentation: (page 2)
1. Listen and fill in the blanks.
(Amy’s mother sends her a voice message to tell her that their car has broken down, and she needs to go to her Spanish lessons by bus this time. Also, she reminds her to pick up her aunt’s cat on her way back.)
* A listening comprehension exercise – tests how well the listener understands what is being said. The exercise also introduces some of the most common phrasal verbs for this level.
2. Mark the questions T for True and F for False.
This exercise tests how well the information above was understood, and focuses on the target grammar in this lesson.
3. From the text above find the phrasal verbs and write them down in the box below.
Target Grammar exercise. Tests if the learner can identify phrasal verbs in the text
Grammar Box (page 3)
- Full grammar explanations with graphics and suitable examples.
- Explains the two main categories of phrasal verbs : the ones that need and object, and the ones that don’t. Talks about the difference in meaning.
Practice: (pages 4, 5)
1. Match the phrasal verbs in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
Phrasal verbs to be matched with their meaning – target grammar exercise.
2. Use the words from the boxes to complete the sentences. (May be used more than once.)
The learner uses verbs from one box and prepositions from another box to create phrasal verbs with the appropriate meaning. Target Grammar exercise.
3. Correct the spelling of the words.
Reading/ focus vocabulary exercise. A short text that talks about the daily routine of someone. There are spelling mistakes in the text, which the learner must identify and correct.
- Production ( page 6) – 2 assignments: role play and writing. Both focus on practicing phrasal verbs which are the target grammar of this lesson
Credits (page 7)