This bundle contains all of my AAC-themed products, all of which are also available individually. Here you will find everything you need to get a student started on a low-tech AAC system. This product is geared towards the elementary population and would be ideal for nonverbal or low-functioning ASD students. Each section was created using SmartySymbols.
1. AAC Core Boards:
8 boards containing core vocabulary needed to communicate basic needs and wants
• 2 different sizes: 20 icons & 42 icons
• 4 character variations for each board size
- Boy with white skin
- Boy with brown skin
- Girl with white skin
- Girl with brown skin
2. AAC Communication Book:
29 tabbed pages organized by category. Each page contains numerous icons for the respective category.
• Cover page with basic 20-icon core vocabulary words
• Pages include: Actions, School, Feelings, Leisure, Meals, Fruits/Vegetables, Snacks, Drinks, Farm, Zoo, Ocean, Pets, Colors, Numbers/Letters, Weather, Calendar, Body Parts, Self-Care, Health, Safety, Clothes, Transport, Places, Community Helpers, Social, Sensory, Events, Adjectives
3. AAC Sentence Builders:
An excellent tool to use when working on expanding communication / teaching students to chain icons together
• 4 levels of difficulty
• Icons corresponding to Who/What/Where/When (144 total)
4. AAC Visual Behavior Supports:
This includes all the basic visual tools you need for behavior management
• First-Then Boards (12 variations)
• 24 First-Then icons
• Token Boards (4 variations)
• Tokens (3 variations)
• Visual Schedule (4 variations)
• 48 Visual schedule icons (2 sizes)
5. AAC Sequencing for Routines:
This includes visual representations of daily routine activities.
• 3 pages for each routine: Completed routine visual, empty sequencing board, icons for sequencing
• Routines include: Washing Hands, Going Potty, Brushing Teeth, Taking a Bath, Getting Dressed Taking the School Bus, Crossing the Street, Playing Go Fish, Playing with Toys, Eating Snack/Lunch
NOTE: The following section is NOT yet completed and will be added by the end of February. The price will increase slightly when this last section is added.
6. AAC Social Supports:
This includes all the basic visual tools you need for nonverbal / low verbal conversational skills
• Conversation Rules
• Listening Rules
• Keychain Reminders for the above two rule sets
• Basic Tact (Comments) Sentence Frames (I see…, I have…, You see…, You have…, etc)
• Basic Mand (Requests) Sentence Frames (I want…, I need…)
• Conversational Sentence Frames
To get the most out of these visuals I highly recommend access to a good quality color printer, a laminator, and Velcro dots.
I am also planning to add some EDITABLE
templates for some of these pages in the near future so that you can better customize this product for your students.
If you like my product, please leave some feedback! If you feel there is room for improvement, please send me an e-mail so that I can make the necessary changes. Thank you for your support!