Also included in
- Are you looking to set up your special education classroom, but don’t know where to start? This comprehensive bundle includes everything you will need to set up a self-contained classroom. These special education classroom setup resources include schedules, planning tools, behavioral tools and much$104.17$115.75Save $11.58
- All the visuals data sheets, communication tools and and supports you need to make your secondary classroom a success. If you are teaching a self-contained or resource classroom for students with severe or complex disaibilites, this bundle saves you 10% over buying materials individually.Included a$103.72$115.25Save $11.53
Save time with this set of augmentative communication boards! These AAC communication boards are designed to be a flexible tool to help you support activity-specific vocabulary with a variety of functions. They also add a tool for staff to model the use of augmentative communication in interactions with students.
Whether your students have their own devices, use pictures or are verbal, these communication boards help to environmentally engineer your classroom for communication. Have the communication tools you need for classroom activities and fill in the gaps between individual AAC devices and core vocabulary or between core boards and the need for activity-specific vocabulary.
Features of these AAC communication boards:
- Consistent placement of repeating core vocabulary such as yes, no, bathroom, I’m all done, help, I want and I see. (for specifics see preview)
- Multiple functions of language (e.g., verbs, nouns, comment phrases)
- 5 Noun-based choice boards support a lower level of skill or to be used in combination with communication boards
- Print different sizes for different needs (portable, stationary)
- 4 different backgrounds to match your classroom
- Designed to coordinate with my visual support bundles in my TPT store
- White / blank background to conserve ink
- Blank grid for each background allows you to make your own boards
- Use as point boards or exchange boards
These AAC communication boards are PERFECT for special education teachers or SLPs working with students with autism or other AAC (augmentative and alternative communication) needs.
They are specifically designed to help your students move beyond just making requests. Your students will use these AAC communication boards to learn to talk about their own actions, make comments and begin conversation. They give you activity-specific vocabulary and core vocabulary that is carried through all the activities.
Using these augmentative communication boards is easy! You can print out the boards and use them as point cards or picture exchange boards. These can then be displayed in the corresponding area of the room. Additionally, students can use these AAC boards on their own devices.
Augmentative Communication Boards Included:
✅ Choice & Communication boards for:
✅ Communication boards for:
- Class Meeting (Group)
- General (with generic visuals for use in different settings.
- Blank grid
**Please Note: These boards are not designed to be used in place of individual augmentative communication systems. They are designed to support communication throughout the classroom environment and supplement individual AAC instruction and use. As such, they do not include lunch or snack as those are so often so individual.
✅ Check out the preview for a detailed look at what is included with these AAC communication boards.
What teachers are saying…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This resource was super helpful for a new student who doesn't speak much English. I ended up using the different boards to pick and choose pictures to create the perfect board for him!” - Allie C.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I used this resource with my autistic students, who benefit from more in-depth visual supports and who need assistance with their expressive communication. It is a great tool!” - Noelle H.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This product was helpful as a communication aid for a child with poor hearing skills who was also non verbal. It has helped the child with some frustration in being "understood."” - Pamela D.
❤️This product is also included in a bundle offered at a discounted price: The Starter Kit for Successful Inclusion
For more classroom materials for students with autism and special education:
© Christine Reeve
This product is copyrighted to Autism Classroom News-Christine Reeve 2019 for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing